The Blaze.com and Glenn Beck have been raising serious questions this week over the Saudi national first mentioned after the Boston Marathon bombing. They have the classified event file in hand and have been revealing details this week. DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano has first denied then changed her story on the matter. Tune in to the Vitamin D daily mini-political podcast above to hear the details thus far or read the transcript below.
This is Donlyn Turnbull and you’ve just tuned in for your daily dose of Vitamin D. Over the course of this week The Blaze and Glenn Beck have been unfolding an interesting story about the Saudi national that was mentioned as a person of interest immediately after the Boston Marathon bombing. I wanted to share some of the facts from what they are reporting and ask you to at least become very aware of this because something does NOT add up here.
- A Saudi national originally identified as a “person of interest” in the Boston Marathon bombing was set to be deported under section 212, 3B — “Security and related grounds” — “Terrorist activities” after the bombing
- TheBlaze received word that the government may not deport the Saudi national — identified as Abdul Rahman Ali Alharbi — as the story gained traction last week
- Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano refused to answer questions on the subject by Rep. Jeff Duncan (R-SC) on Capitol Hill, saying the inquiry was “so full of misstatements and misapprehension that it’s just not worthy of an answer.”
- An ICE official said a different Saudi national is in custody, but that he is “in no way” connected to the bombings.
- Key congressmen of the Committee on Homeland Security request a classified briefing with Napolitano
- New info provided to TheBlaze reveals Alharbi’s file was altered early Wednesday evening to disassociate him from the initial charges
- Sources say the Saudi’s student visa specifically allows him to go to school in Findlay, Ohio, though he appears to have an apartment in Boston, Massachusetts. A DHS official told TheBlaze Alharbi properly transferred his student visa to a school in Massachusetts
- TheBlaze sources reveal Alharbi was put on a terror watchlist after the bombing, and Napolitano confirms he was on a “watchlist” Tuesday.
- At the time the event file was created for Abdul Rahman Ali Alharbi, it indicated he was “armed and dangerous”
- Alharbi was admitted into the country under a “special advisory option,” which is usually reserved for visiting politicians, VIPs, or journalists. The event file cover page indicates he was granted his statuswithout full vetting.
- One of the first excuses given by law enforcement when confronted about Alharbi’s pending deportation was an expired visa. But according to the event file, his visa is good until 11-NOV-2016.
- The event file indicates he entered the U.S. on 08/28/12 in Boston, MA but says he is a student at the University of Findlay, in Findlay, Ohio. He has an apartment in Boston, and doesn’t seem to have been a full-time student in Ohio.
- When a file is created in the system the author(s) are notified via email when it is accessed, and given the email address of the person accessing, so there is a record within the government data system of who deleted them. It was amended to remove the deportation reference, then someone later went in and tried to destroy both the original event file and an amended versions. Copies had already been made.
Earlier today I saw photos of Michelle Obama visting the Saudi national in the hospital but no one else. Please pay attention to this story.
To quote Sherlock holmes, the game is afoot Watson.